Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Guess What???

Today, we went to the Co-op for bedding (not that much longer till the chicks come!!!), and there were chicks and ducklings there! You'll never guess what happened........my mom said we could get a couple ducklings!!! Long story short, we now have six adorable little ducklings sitting in a RubberMaid tub in our Game Room (den). We used our old chick waterer and new feeder and put heat lamps above the cage(the clip-ons). We're not totally sure about the breeds, but I think we got one Mallard, one or two Pekins, maybe a White Crested Pekin (a duck with a funky hairdo), and two of an unknown breed. I've been looking all over the internet this evening for stuff on duck care!!!! If you have any tips, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me!!!! I'll try to post some pics as soon as possible--maybe even tonight, if there's time!! They really are adorable. Thanks!

No comments: