Sunday, March 2, 2008

Chicks

I am sooooo excited!!! I just placed the order for our chicks from McMurray Hatchery. This is what kind of chicks we are getting:

2 Buff Cochin Pullets (one for me, one for my sister)
2 White Cochin Pullets (again, one for me and one for sis)
2 White Crested Black Polish Pullets (same as the last two)
1 Salmon Favorolle Pullet(I just decided "what the heck?" She's just for fun)
24 Americauna Pullets (this is the big order, and we're raising them for my grandpa)
6 Americauna Pullets (what started it all. these are through 4-H, three for me, three for my sister)
1 Mystery Chick (the hatchery will just throw it in. it will most likely be a rooster, but we can give it to my grandpa)

That's all the chicks we are getting! Tomorrow, I'll try to take pictures of our brooders (which are in our garage) and post them, so you can get a feel of what these chicks will live in.

~chickengirl~

No comments: