Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sorry for the Absence!!

I'm really sorry that I haven't posted in what, a month? I've just been EXTREMELY busy! But, all of our chickens and ducks are doing fine.

September 5-14 is the county fair. We've entered about 21 chickens, and I'm really excited about it. I'm sure they'll do great!

The ducks are recovering well from the past dog dilema. All of their feathers are growing back, and we're entering two in the fair, also. It's pretty funny but we think that our ducks named 'Pearl' and 'Dolly' are boys, and 'Donald' and 'Daffy' are females! I've been finding a white egg in the ducks' house, and I'm convinced that it's Donald laying them... or is it Daffy?

I'll try to post some pictures of the chickens that we are entering soon. Until then, ciao!

~chickengirl~

2 comments:

Don said...

Hey! Get those pictures from the fair posted. We want to see your beautiful flock and see all of their ribbons.

chickengirl said...

We took them to the fair yesterday, and I'm going back tomorrow to pick up our ducks. I'll DEFINITELY get pictures!! Our two Barred Rock pullets got blue ribbons in the 4-H show, and our others haven't been judged yet.